.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wild Recipe Wednesday

So I admit I was a little lazy the last few days.  I didn't do much.  I worked and cooked and did a little laundry.  This would pose a problem with something inspiring to post.  I want to be inspiring...  That's my goal.

So, since I don't have much to talk about and last few days have consisted of cooking dinners I thought I would share a couple of things I made.  I found these 2 new recipes on Pinterest.

Shredded Buffalo Chicken and Smashed Potatoes.  (I did not make these 2 on the same day though)


First up:  Shredded Buffalo Chicken


You can find the original blog here.

This was super yummy.  Here are the ingredients:
  • Bottle of Franks Hot Sauce Buffalo Sauce
  • 1 Packet of Ranch Dip
  • Chicken
  • Cream Cheese (4-8 oz)
  • 3 tablespoons of margarine
The best part about this recipe is it all goes in the crock pot!!! 
Frozen Chicken in the crock pot.  Whole bottle of Franks Buffalo Sauce, 1 Packet of Ranch Dip.
After 7 hours remove the Chicken and Shred.
Put the chicken back in the crock pot and add the cream cheese and the margarine in.
Cook for another hour to let the juice soak in!
We enjoyed ours on a bun with sharp cheddar on top!  I also made myself some chicken nachos after I ate my sandwich!

Yummy, Yummy in the Tummy, Tummy!!!!

Next up:  Smashed Potatoes


You can find the original blog making these amazing potatoes here.

Here are the ingredients:
  • Potatoes
  • Kosher Salt
  • EVOO
  • Thyme (or other herb of your choice)


Boil the potatoes in water with salt in it for about 25 minutes.

I lined my pan with foil and GENEROUSLY smeared it with EVOO.

Set the potatoes on the pan and smash them with a potato smasher.

Brush the potatoes with EVOO.

Sprinkle each potato with Kosher Salt and thyme.  Bake in oven at 450 degrees for 25 minutes.
Enjoy!
These potatoes are just the right combination of crispy and soft!  WOW I can't say enough how good these were!  My mouth is watering just thinking about them. 

So there you have my Wild Wednesday Recipe Recap...

Hope I can get a few projects finished!  This crazy weather we are having has been very tiring!

Until Tomorrow!

0 comments: